Monday 18 April 2011

Letter to Read (No. 46): It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want To

Dear Ian,

AHA! you thought: this is the end of little Letter to Read.  We broke the little bugger! well, no, ahem, I've been busy with life you know, and waiting to be able to post something mildly interesting.

Well, I've decided to talk today about the party.


Check it out.  BEWARE this link has music.  In case you want to play it in one of your boring board meetings Ian  ;-) .  Don't say that Letter to Read doesn't help!

That's right, it's our party...and we'll cry if we want to...you would cry too if it happened to you!

Let's celebrate the demise of Sandwich! Hooray! let's get drunk with cheap wine!!!!  Utterly ridiculous as there's little to celebrate about, but what the heck!, little Letter to Read is always happy if there are free drinks.  Yeah, that's right, you can just buy me with the promise of cheap beer by the gallon.

This is what the invitation says (my comments are inserted, so, you know, this was my reaction when I read it)

"We would like to invite you to meet with friends and colleagues - for an evening of relaxation, musical entertainment, with food and refreshments...".
-----> Evening of RELAXATION! can I get some free massages from the girls in...oh, no, sorry, that's not the relaxation you are talking about.  What else does it say, food and refreshments.  I'm highly suspicious of this refreshments thing.  I hope they meant ALCOHOL.  What are we, 5 years old?

"The electronic link within the invitation can be accessed multiple times by the same user to allow registration on behalf of colleagues wishing to attend the event but who are either not on site or without access to email".

-----> You mean, like people who are desperate to attend this magnificent event but are too far away from their computers to click on the button! hell yes, I'll help them!

"This invitation is for Pfizer colleagues and contractors at the Sandwich site.  Due to capacity reasons, it is not possible to extend the invitation to partners or former employees who are no longer with the company".
------> Of course! we know that Ian is very cost-conscious and we've got no extra money to spend, i.e., no invite for our partners! this money will be spent on helicopt...uh-oh, sorry, wrong post

"Please register for the event via the attached link..."


Enjoy your party Ian,


Best wishes,


Letter to Read





No comments:

Post a Comment