Thursday 24 March 2011

Letter to Read (No. 36) And so it happened

Dear Ian,

I'm so sorry I didn't write yesterday.  I fell asleep.  And so it happened that I woke up this morning super stressed because I wasn't fulfilling my commitment.  Oh well.  That's how silly little LTR is.

I think I won't go over and over the same things.  I am going to write about how I feel, right now.  And right now, Ian, I'm a bit of a mess.

Why?

Because, although I know that is not worth it, that the Cambridge site might very well disappear in 2 years and that not necessarily the best people will be there and that I will have to move and...despite all those things and the fundamental mistrust between Pfizer and my little self, there is still a part of me that wants to be there.  And I'm sad about it.

I'm one to embrace new opportunities but, you see, it is kind of hard to see my little projects go.  I know, my priorities would change if I'm there and new projects (for how long) will come, but I guess I'm feeling the pain of the amputee at the moment: I want what isn't there anymore and I feel the pain of what has disappeared.

Anyhooo...interesting little developments with regards to jobs in Pfizer and other possibilities.  Just wanted to get it out of my system.  I don't think that the Cambridge site is a great opportunity.  I don't think it will be fantastic and I think the future of that site is still uncertain.  But there are so many other irrational things that play a role here that I still feel (a bit) that I want one of those jobs.

But don't worry about me, Ian.  I'll do just fine.  All I have to do is to re-read all my little letters and in no time I will start shouting again! (*shakes fist*). 

I. SHALL. NOT. BE. LOBOTOMIZED

Take care, talk to you later

Letter to Read

No comments:

Post a Comment