Friday 18 February 2011

Letter to Read (No. 13): A collective effort

Dear Ian, dear all,

This is going to be very short.

The fact that I started this blog doesn't mean that I ever wanted this to become a blockbuster.  News are slow for the time being and the original objective of this remains: please send me an e-mail with things you would like to say, your story or your concerns.  I would like to keep this personal and compelling and I won't publish any names.

I'll try as much as I can to keep writing once a day, however, you all know now that there are literally no news.  Which I find flabbergasting, but there you go.  No news, we live in limbo...

We received an e-mail reminding us that it has been 17 days already since the news and that the "consultation" process will last for at least 90 days.  At the same time, a personal plea appeared in "Your Thanet" asking the Pfizer employees to wait before looking for jobs.  Waiting for what? who knows...

This is a difficult position for everybody but I'll do my very best to document this process as soon as we have something to document.  My conundrum: should I write or not? is that I promised a letter a day and I was planning to stick to that...I'll mull it over during the weekend.

Anyway, this "Letter to Read" was for Ian and for all.  Have a nice weekend.

Letter to Read

No comments:

Post a Comment