Thursday 3 February 2011

Letter to Read

Dear Ian Read, Pfizer's CEO

This is a blog dedicated to you.

I've decided to write "a letter a day" to let you know how we are doing, after the announcement of the closure of the Sandwich site.  Since the management is worried about us, our future and all that, I thought you would be pleased to know.  After all, once you've decided to obliterate a research site, leaving 2400 people unemployed at the stroke of a pen, I think you have the right to know how we feel.  I am sure that you realise that we are not just numbers, of course you don't.  You care about our future and you will do your best to find the best alternatives for us.  I can sleep better at night now.

For those of you who don't know, it is sort of hard to get hold of Ian.  Kind of difficult to send him direct e-mails or to deliver by hand my letters. Oh, Ian, you devil! little globetrotter.  But fear not!  I will do my best to keep you updated Ian.  I am sure that you will be pleased.

Rest reassured, Ian, that I will send you "a letter a day" to document these next 18 months, when we'll be out of your life (are we not already?!).

Yours truly,

Letter to Read

1 comment:

  1. You should not forget to include the thoughts of the local community in your blog. They are also going to come out of this badly, perhaps even worse than the Pfizer staff.

    I look forward to reading the letters. As an ex-colleague I feel desperately sorry for my friends in Sandwich and the surrounding area and I hope that they soon find new employment. (Outside the pharma industry if they have any sense!)

    ReplyDelete