Monday 21 February 2011

Letter to Read (No. 14): A reply

Dear Ian,

Great news. My colleagues are being proactive, yay!.  Since we haven't heard from you, this is what one of our Sandwich colleagues  (that of course, cannot be named) imagined your reply could look like.  This is seriously inspired stuff and 10/10 marks to the person who wrote this (and a little star for "proactiveness" or is it "proactivism"?).  I'm pretty sure this is not far from the truth.

I've got more, by the way.  Wohoooo...!!!! little LTR is not alone and whilst we wait for something to happen so we can report and share with the world, I'll publish my colleagues' e-mails.

xxx

Letter to Read

--------

What Ian’s response to Little LTR could look like


Dear Little LTR, My treasured Sandwich Colleagues,


Sorry for not writing sooner …

·       I have not been feeling very well  -  bad bout of ESI (Encrusted Soul Inflammation)

·       I could not find my special pen

·       I have been busy preparing a course I will be giving at Harvard this spring:  ‘How to lay off staff with integrity’.  Little LTR, would you like to give a talk at this event  -  no fee, but all expenses paid?  We could have a good natter at the same time

·       the dog ate my draft letters

·       I have been to the Seychelles to do some serious blue sky thinking

·       I was behind with my P2L training

·       I have been busy researching how to invest my bonus

·       my computer has been upgraded

·       I have been busy debating with myself which elective courses to take during Pfizer Clinical Trial Learning Week 2011.  Little LTR, do you think I would benefit from ‘MindGym – Courageous Conversations’?  Extract from course description:  It is an exciting 90-minute exercise that helps learners develop skills on how to have conversations about challenging topics. Learners will leave feeling comfortable with tactics and approaches to raise tough issues with peers, team members, and managers.

·       the heartfelt letter I wrote to you on Feb 1 must have got lost in the post

More soon

Best,

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment